Altar of Wisdom – AutoGrid8 1.8 (Max4Live)
AutoGrid is a Max 4 Live audio device, that creates random grid synths patterns from up to 4 incoming tracks, and mixes them with current track, ducking it if needed.
I’s a huge timesaver for building interesting FM patterns with different sounds, or sequencing arpeggios or basslines, making sure they don’t overlap whatsoever.
AutoGrid offers the following parameters:
– control or the four incoming signal levels and current track one.
– occurrences weight control between the 4 sounds
– time allocation control between: 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4 occurrences
– minimum and random length per note
– mix amount between current track and stutter, and duck amount when stutter plays
– stutter probability (to insert some random silences and thus lower density)
– smooth parameter to avoid clicks/pops or on the opposite to glue the sounds together for fading them in or out
– fully automatable parameters
Please note you need to have Max 4 Live to use this device (included with Ableton Live Suite, or available as an add-on for other Live versions)
- Added the possibility of slowing down the whole device, to trigger sequences up to 16 bars
- Check out this feature ! You can have Autogrid take inputs from Instruments racks, not only whole tracks !
More info on my YouTube channel: